Do you want to add YouTube videos to your iPod so that you can watch them later? You have stumbled across the right post then. Today, we’re posting a brief tutorial that will guide you on how to download YouTube videos for free and then import them to iPod. You can read the post to get more familiar with the process. Let’s begin:
In order to proceed further with the tutorial – you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- iPod Touch or higher
- An iPhone or a PC with iTunes app installed
- iTunes account
- Zamzar web app (for video conversion purpose)
- Active Internet Connection
Add YouTube Videos to iPod in 5 easy steps
Step 1. Download the YouTube video
First of all, you’ll need to download the video you want to add to iPod, on your device. For this:
- Go to youtube.com
- Select the YouTube video you want to add to iPod
- Copy the URL of the video
- Navigate to videodownloadx.com, paste the link, and hit Enter.
The YouTube video will start downloading on your device.
Step 2. Rename the downloaded video
Now, change the name of the video you’ve downloaded on your device. You can set the video to any name. Just don’t forget to put .flv after the name of the video
Step 3. Convert the video
In the next step – convert the YouTube video so that it’s compatible with your iPod. Here’s how to do so:
- Go to zamzar.com
- Choose the downloaded YouTube video from your device
- Select the format in which you want to convert your YouTube video
- Enter your email address to receive converted files
- Finally, click on the Convert button
Within a few seconds, the YouTube video will be converted and sent to your email address. From there, you can download it on your device.
Step 4. Import the video to iTunes
After you download the YouTube video on your device, you’ll need to import it to iTunes. For this:
- Open iTunes on your device
- Go to File > Add File to library and select the video that you want to import
The video will be included into your iTunes account.
Step 5. Log in to your iPod with the same iTunes account
Finally, log in with the same iTunes account on your iPod
Note: If you’ve logged in with the same iTunes account on your iPad earlier, you don’t need to log in again. Instead, the video will be imported on the device directly
After successful login, the YouTube video will be included on your iPod. You can start playing it.
That’s all we have in our complete guide to add YouTube videos to iPod. For more Android and iOS tutorials, stay tuned with us!