Google Drive lets you access your files stored on the web from anywhere, even while you’re on the go. The service acts as a space where you can do almost everything, from creating a backup to sharing files, installing apps, and then some. It’s a hub for Google documents and office tools.
People mostly use Google Drive to back up important documents, but creating documents in Google Drive is something most users don’t know about. Today, we present to you simple steps to create documents in Google Drive.
Here are the steps to create documents in Google Drive:
- Open Drive and click Create.
- Afterwards, you will find a menu which allows you to choose what type of document you want to create. You can choose anyone from the default options or add more options by clicking Connect more app link. You can create a folder, document, presentation, spreadsheet or form easily in Google Drive.
- Once the document type has been selected, you will be directed to a blank document to create a new file. If you choose a form or presentation, you will see a wizard that will help you configure the feel of your document.
- Now, name the file you have created. To name it, just go to the top of the page, click the text that says Untitled<file type>, click on it and rename the document
- Now open the document and start writing. While writing, you don’t have to worry about saving the document; it will be saved automatically when you are writing
You can share or print your saved document whenever required. You can also export files or convert to the format you want to use.
To make your files compatible with other programs, click File button and hover your cursor to Download As button. You will see a menu with default available formats. Choose any of the default available formats, name the file and then select the location in which you want to save the download. After downloading, you will see the file in the format you selected.
You can also do a lot more things with your documents at Google Drive. You can share documents with your contacts, publish them on the web, or print on paper.
To share, print and publish your document, follow these steps:
- To share your document:
Click the blue Share button on the top-right corner and open Sharing settings, or click the File button and select Share. After sharing, you can customize settings to whom you want to provide the authority to see files and to edit them. To do so, copy the link of the file at the top of names of the people you are sharing the file with. You can also invite people or change invited people’s access right by clicking the blue link placed next to their names.
- To print documents in Google Drive:
If you have access to the Google Cloud printer or have a printer installed, you can print your documents easily. Just click the File menu and select Print. You can specify the pages you want to print or select the layout of the page you want to print.
- To publish your document:
To publish your document on the web, click File button and select Publish to the Web. You can publish a spreadsheet, presentation or document of your choice. Once published, the document cannot be edited.
So this is how you can create any document, file or presentation right from within the Google Drive. Join Google Drive now to enjoy all its features.