Samsung was one of the first companies out of the blocks with a smartwatch. In the last few years you may have wanted to be on the cutting edge of the smartwatches, and acquired or purchased a Gear, Gear 2 or any other Gear Watch.
When Samsung introduced Gear, it was something a way for the company to rub other tech titan’s face. With its magnificent functionality, stunning looks, elegant finish and large battery life; it showed that the watch has many things to be desired.
The latest iteration in Samsung Gear family, Samsung Gear 2, which runs on Tizen OS and not on Android, is a different beast. With a bunch of exciting features and its pleasing looks, it is something that delights to hold on wrist. While Gear 2 manages to bring scintillating key specs, it still lacks support for other devices.
To connect your Gear 2 with your mobile or tablet, all you have to do is to download a free app called Gear Manager for Mobile. Once downloaded, just install it and easily pair your tablet or mobile with it.
Here are some steps about how you can pair your Gear 2 with your mobile/tablet using Gear Manager:
1. From your Gear 2 Clock screen, swipe to the right to access Settings> Bluetooth
2. To pair your device with other Bluetooth enabled devices, turn on your Bluetooth and make it visible by tapping on Make Visible button
3. From the device’s Home screen, go to Apps> Gear Manager
4. Touch Scan
5. Tap on your device from Available devices column
6. You will see a pop-up that will ask you for permission to check your device for potential issue. Touch Accept
7. The installation process will now begin
8. Once installation completes, your mobile device will try to connect with your Gear 2
9. Prior connecting to your mobile device, your Gear 2 will reset to factory Default Touch Ok to reset
10. Now your Gear 2 will cycle through a factory data reset
11. Touch your device name under Paired devices column from your mobile
12. From your Gear 2, tap on Next
13. Touch Ok and accept Bluetooth pairing request from your mobile device
14. On your Gear 2, confirm the passkey that matches the one on your mobile device
15. The two devices are now connecting; the process will take a few seconds
16. Read the legal agreements and click I Agree
17. When done, tap Finish
18. You will now be now redirected to the main screen of Gear Manager
That’s it. Congratulations! You’ve successfully paired Samsung Gear 2 with your handheld device.