The new Razer Blade gaming laptop has been announced. The laptop is the latest iteration to the series of Razer Bade gaming laptops. The new laptop is packed with many enhanced tweaks or in other words, the laptop is much lighter, cheaper and faster as compared to its predecessor.
The new Razer Blade gaming laptop features an Intel Core i7 quad-core processor and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M GPU with 6 GB of VRAM. The use of PCIe SSD technology allows up to three times faster speeds than normal solid-state drives. All the models come with 16 GB of DDR4 RAM.
The new laptop also features 14-inch 3200×1800 HD display. In terms of size and weight, it’s still .70 inches thin; however the weight has been reduced to 4.25 pounds. The laptop also comes with individual backlit RGB keys, thus allowing for millions of color options using Razer’s own Chroma technology.
“We are getting much aggressive as far as price point but that hasn’t come at a cost to the performance or design of the Razer Blade”, said Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan in his statement.
“We’ve improved near about every aspect of the 14-inch laptop, from CPU and GPU performance to system memory and port selection. Chroma technology unlocks an unprecedented, immersive experience on a gaming laptop.” Tan further added.
Let’s have a brief look at the pricing and product features of the new Razer Blade:
The new Razer blade gaming laptop features:
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad-Core Processor (2.6 GHz / 3.5 GHz)
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M (6 GB GDDR5 VRAM)
- 16 GB Systems Memory (DDR4, 2133 MHz)
- Windows 10 64-bit
- 256 GB / 512 GB SSD (PCIe M.2) options
- 0-in. IGZO QHD+ 16:9 Ratio, 3200×1800, with LED backlight, capacitive multi-touch
- Anti-ghosting keyboard with per-key lighting Powered by Chroma
- Killer Wireless-AC 1535 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.1)
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
- HDMI 1.4b video and audio output
- 5 mm headphone/microphone combo port
- Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Array microphone
- Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- 1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, trackpad, backlighting, and fan control
- Kensington security slot
- Compact 165W power adapter
- Built-in 70Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- Size: 0.70 in. / 17.9 mm (Height) x 13.6 in. / 345 mm (Width) x 9.3 in. / 235 mm (Depth)
- Weight: 4.25 lbs. / 1.93 kg
- USD 2,000 – 256 GB PCIe SSD
- USD 2,200 – 512 GB PCIe SSD
You can preorder the gaming laptop from RazerStore.com and first units will be shipped in April. Availability details for other retailers will be announced later this year.
Stay tuned for more updates.