There’s no doubt that WhatsApp is the most popular messenger available in the market. With the company lately claiming to have over 700mn worldwide users truly defines its supremacy in its field. The messaging app lets you send image, audio, and video files, but the dream of sending any type of files like apk, docx, pdf, txt, etc. is still so far away coming true. However, sharing such type of files often comes as a necessity rather than a luxury. That’s why we’ve come up with a cool trick that will enable you to share any file using WhatsApp on Android and iOS.
CloudSend app brings up the magic when you need to share files with WhatsApp in a 100% hassle-free manner. In order to use the app, you’ll need a Dropbox account. If you don’t have the one, make a quick tour through the steps of creating a Dropbox account below:
Create a Dropbox Account
- Once installed, tap on the Set up now option
- Fill all the necessary details and hit the blue Create Account button
And with this tap on the above-said button, your Dropbox account has created. Now, you’re ready to share any type of file using WhatsApp on Android and iOS. Scroll down to know how to share files using WhatsApp.
Share Any File Using Whatsapp on Android and iOS
- Once downloaded, you’ll need to create an account on the app for using it to share files on Android and iOS via WhatsApp
- Now, you’ll be redirected to the Dropbox authorization page. Here, you’ll have to grant the access to CloudSend app to use your Dropbox account credentials
- After your Dropbox and CloudSend accounts connected, select the files or folder you want to share through WhatsApp
- Press and hold the file you wish to share, and tap on the Share option to share files on iOS and Android
- You’ll see a list of sharing options. All you need to do is tap on the CloudSend app. This will upload your file in Dropbox’s CloudSend folder. You may have to wait for some time if your file has large size
- When the file uploads on the Dropbox server, you’ll be presented with two options viz. Copy and Share. The first one allows you to copy the file link while the Share option lets you share any file using WhatsApp
- Tap on the Share option and you’ll again be provided with a list of available apps for sharing. Simply choose the WhatsApp option
- Finally, you’ll be asked to select a contact or group for sharing your file. Select your contacts with whom you want to share file
Read more at How to Convert Videos into GIFs Using WhatsApp
Your friend can download the file by opening it in his/her browser. In this way, you can easily share any file using WhatsApp, be it a zip, doc, docx, txt, or a pdf file. Cool, isn’t it?