Instagram has become a go-to social media platform to share pictures online with friends and family. However, many Instagrammers capture photographs on a DSLR camera or using HDR and edit them on their computer before uploading. And then they will need to transfer the edited photo to their smartphone, which is quite cumbersome. It would be great if we could post Instagram photos from computer right away, wouldn’t it?
Although Instagram introduced its official app for Windows 10 last year, it’s missing one core function: there’s no way to upload Instagram photos from PC. But we’ve got a safe workaround for this issue. You can run the Instagram Android app on your desktop by using free emulator BlueStacks App Player, which enables you to post to Instagram from a computer or laptop. Scroll down to know how to post Instagram photos from computer.
Post Instagram Photos from Computer
- In order to post photos and videos on Instagram from your PC, you’ll need to download BlueStacks on your system
- Once downloaded, launch the app player and double-click on the Play Store icon
- Search in the Play Store for the Instagram app to find the official app
- Click on the green Install button to download the Instagram app on your Windows PC and accept all the terms and conditions by clicking on the Accept button
- Once installed, you can run the app and log into it just like you would on your smartphone
- Next, open your system’s file browser by clicking on the folder icon on the sidebar to post Instagram photos from computer
- Choose the file you want to upload and click on the Open button
- Once you’ve selected a file, you’ll be prompted to select which application you want to use for the file. Simply select Instagram and click on the Always button
- Instagram will upload your photo. You can now crop, add tags, and edit your photo by using the available filters. Also, you can share it with your followers
In order to use Instagram at its full potential, you should check out our Cool Instagram Tips and Tricks.
Do you use another method to post Instagram photos from computer? Feel free to share with us via the comments below.
You may also like: You Can Now Use Photo and Video Replies for Instagram Stories