Alexa is getting smarter with the third-party support for smart home devices. In this modern era, you can order pizza and control your home with your voice. You can also set recurring alarms, ask what your car’s fuel level is, and much more. Talking about Alexa, it allows you to create an alarm clock that lets you snooze or silence with your voice. However, by default, you cannot play music as an alarm. In this article, we’ll let you know how to wake up to any Song on Spotify using Alexa.
One of the most impressive features is the ability to play music tracks as an alarm sound, especially considering all the different music streaming services that are supported. Currently, you’re limited to a standard set of alarm noises and a handful of celebrity sounds. However, there’s a way to have Alexa play any song on Spotify as your alarm. Read on to know how it works.
Wake Up to Any Song on Spotify Using Alexa
You can pair your device using Bluetooth and stream virtually anything you would like to. At present, Alexa is completely lacking the ability to play any music as an alarm. However, it works really well as an always-on Bluetooth speaker. It simply means you can pass on the alarm function to your mobile device.
Let’s have a look on how to pair your phone or tablet using Bluetooth.
- First of all, you need to pair your device with Alexa
- Now, use the voice command and say “Alexa, pair” to put the speaker into pairing mode
- From your mobile device, head over to the Bluetooth settings and select Echo-XXXX to complete the pairing
It’s not possible to play music from Spotify as an alarm sound from a smartphone. You need to download an Android application that will allow this functionality. Here, we use Alarmify alarm app for Android to play your tracks and playlists from Spotify. To wake up to any song on Spotify, follow the steps listed below:
- Download and install Alarmify
- Once you’ve installed, open the app and log in to your Spotify account
- Now, create a new alarm
- Next, tap on the plus button in the lower right corner
- Now, choose the alarm time and the days that you’d like the alarm to repeat
- Once you’re done, tap on Select Music
- Choose whether you want a specific album, track, artist, or playlist and tap on the check mark in the top-right corner to save the alarm
Before you go to bed, make sure that mobile device is connected to the Echo using Bluetooth and open the Alarmify app. You can tap on Sleep when you’re ready to snooze off and wait for the alarm to sound in the morning.
For iOS, you can use a different app named as Alarm Clock for Spotify. While opening the app for the first time, you’ll get a prompt to login to Spotify using your credentials or a connected FB account.
Let’s have a look on how to wake up to any song on Spotify using Alexa.
- First of all, open Settings
- Next, select Alarms > Add new alarm
- Set the time and select how often you want the alarm to repeat
- Tap on Playlist > Add
- Now, search for albums, artists, and individual tracks to create your morning playlist
- Once you’re done, tap on Done
- Hit the Save button to create the alarm
Before going to bed, make sure your iOS device is paired and connected to your Alexa speaker and open the Alarm Clock for Spotify app.
Also Read: 12 Best TV Remote Apps for Android 2017