It wouldn’t be wrong to say that YouTube is one of best video streaming services. It has introduced a plenty of new features and major updates from time to time to keep its users engaged. Recently, YouTube has got a huge makeover that includes a “Dark Theme” offering the site a more cinematic look and feel. Moreover, the company also brings some additions to its logo. In this article, we’ll let you know how to change white background of YouTube.
Change White Background of YouTube
Before we get started with the process on how to change white background of YouTube, let’s first talk about the Dark Theme feature.
The Dark Theme feature not only changes the background color from white to black but also removes the white color from the sidebar as well. Apparently, the Dark Theme background cuts down the extra glare and gives true colors of videos that users are watching. However, this feature is available only on the desktop so far.
Don’t miss out: 10 Superb YouTube URL Tricks 2017 for Dedicated Watchers
Follow some simple steps below to change white background color of YouTube.
- First of all, open your web browser and visit the YouTube site
- Sign in to your YouTube account with your credentials (the same used for your Google account)
- Once you’re logged in, click on your profile picture in the top-right corner of your device’s screen
- As you click on your picture, a drop-down menu will open in front of you allowing you to skim through a lot of options
- Scroll down until you find the option ‘Dark Theme’. Once you click on it, you will find a toggle to activate the Dark Theme
6. After activating the feature, you will immediately notice that the background color has changed from white to black
It should be noted that this setting will apply to that particular browser only and will be enabled for any new window that you would open after that. However, it will not be applicable to any windows on the Incognito mode.
The feature has been tested in May this year. It was when Google has announced that it’s working on a revamped layout for YouTube. The feature was then visible only in developer mode.
As part of the redesign, YouTube has also offered a new look to its logo. The new YouTube logo consists of black text along with the red play icon. What’s more, the red color in the logo is brighter as compared to the existing red color. The new features are available on both Android and iOS versions of the YouTube app. The app will now have a white background with the new YouTube logo placed on the left. Talking about its controls and buttons, the navigation tab is shifted to the bottom and the new design also comes with a separate Accounts and Library tabs.
You May Also Like: How to Free Download Complete YouTube Playlist on Android