The latest version of tvOS is available now for the fourth-generation Apple TV and Apple TV 4K. tvOS 11 comes with a slew of new features such as automatic dark mode, support for AirPods, Home Screen Syncing, and of course 4K HDR. If all these features look exciting to you, free yourself for around 15 minutes and follow the guide below to update Apple TV to tvOS 11.
In this how-to article, we will provide you a step-by-step guide to update your Apple TV to the latest tvOS version. Allow us to walk you through the steps.
Update Apple TV to tvOS 11
- To get started, launch the Settings app on your Apple TV
- Scroll down and select the System option
- Click on the Software Updates option
Read more at How to clear space on Apple TV
- On the ensuing screen, check the version of your tvOS. This is likely the case if you’ve Automatic Updates enabled on your device. If you see tvOS 11, you can start using the new features on your Apple TV right away
- In case that’s not the case, you need to select the Update Software option
- A popup will arise. Simply click on the Download and Install button to update Apple TV to tvOS 11
- The new update will start downloading along with a progress bar shown in the bottom-left corner
- Wait for a few minutes to let the downloading process complete. Once completed, your Apple TV will automatically restart and continue with the update process
- After the completion of the update process, you will get a welcome screen showing some of the new tvOS 11 features. All you need to do is just click on the Continue button
- On the resulting screen, you can enable or disable Home Screen Syncing that syncs your home screen layout across multiple Apple TV devices in your home. The feature can be enabled after connecting your iCloud account.
Once the Home Screen Sync function has enabled, you can rearrange your apps from any Apple TV running tvOS 11 and see the changes reflected on all other Apple TVs, which have the same iCloud account. It even automatically installs apps across Apple TVs.
- Now, if you’ve already enabled Single Sign-on with your cable provider, you can continue to use it with the latest version of tvOS. Alternatively, you can disable it
That’s all you need to know about how to update Apple TV to tvOS 11. If you have followed the above-mentioned steps carefully, you’ll now be running tvOS 11 on your Apple TV and can start tinkering around the new features right away.
You may also like: How to AirPlay videos from your iOS device to Apple TV