WhatsApp is one of the most commonly used messaging applications out there. The app comes wrapped in a glossy layer of useful features. As there’s no rose without a thorn, so WhatsApp has also some shortfalls. One such hitch is that the Facebook-owned app can’t be used on a tablet, be it Android, Apple or Windows. But what if you want the convenience of a larger screen while using the app? Well, with a few easy-to-follow instructions, you can get WhatsApp on your tablet.
In the techno-digital era, there’re undoubtedly various workarounds to override this shortcoming. They all involve complex maneuvers like installing an APK, but we have come up with a simple, hassle-free method to get the job done. Here’s how to get WhatsApp on your tablet.
Get WhatsApp on Your Tablet
In early 2015, WhatsApp had introduced WhatsApp Web, a web client that mirrors messages and conversations from your smartphone. In order to achieve this synchronization, your device needs to be consistently connected to the Internet, since all the conversations are actually taking place via your phone. So, to use WhatsApp on one of the Android tablets 2017, follow the steps outlined below:
- First of all, you need to download the WhatsApp Web Client on your tablet, assuming you already have WhatsApp installed on your phone
- You need to switch to the desktop version to access WhatsApp Web. To do so, tap on the three dots in the top-right corner of your Chrome web browser. A drop-down menu will appear. Simply tap on the Request Desktop Site option
- Once done, you’ll see a QR code on your tablet
- In order to scan the QR code, you need to launch WhatsApp on your smartphone, tap on Settings in the top-right corner, and then tap on the WhatsApp Web option
- Once you’ve scanned the QR code, you’re ready to use the WhatsApp on your tablet
Use WhatsApp as a Standalone App on Your Tablet
The above workaround didn’t work for you? Well, here’s yet another way to get WhatsApp on your tablet:
- Download WhatsApp APK via a reliable and safe source. Here, you’ll need to be a little cautious; under the Architecture section, it should be labeled as Universal otherwise, you’ll not be able to install it
- Once you download the APK file on your tablet, you need to confirm/allow your system to install apps from unknown sources. Sometimes, malware may inject into APK files to infect your device, so it’s important that you only download APKs from trusted sources
- Now, install WhatsApp APK on your tablet
- Launch WhatsApp and agree to the terms and conditions. Afterward, you’ll be greeted by an error message. All you need to do is merely tap on the Ok button
- You’ll be prompted to enter your mobile number
- Tap on the Call Me option to have WhatsApp dictate the activation code to you over the phone
- WhatsApp will start listing your contacts that are associated with the mobile number you used to set up WhatsApp
And that’s it! You can now all set to use WhatsApp on your tablet. Do you have any other method to get the job done? If so, don’t forget to make it listed in the comments section below.
You may also like: How to Create, Edit, and Delete WhatsApp Status Updates