Linking your Instagram and Facebook account can be quite convenient and useful for easily managing these two popular social media platforms. Once your accounts are connected, you can follow your Facebook friends on Instagram and post directly to Facebook using the Instagram app on your smartphone. But what about your security and privacy? There may be some Instagram posts you don’t want your Facebook friends to see. Besides, you wouldn’t want your Facebook account to suffer in case your Instagram account is hacked. Thankfully, you can easily disconnect Instagram and Facebook accounts anytime. Have a look at our how-to article to discover what you can do to unlink both accounts as well as remove your existing Instagram posts from your Facebook profile.
Disconnect Instagram and Facebook Accounts
Unlink Instagram and Facebook Accounts
- First of all, open the Instagram app on your Android or iOS smartphone and log in to your account
- Tap Options and scroll down to Settings. Now, tap Linked Accounts
- Tap Facebook > Unlink
- If you have an iOS device, you’ll be asked to confirm that you want to disconnect your account. Tap Yes, I’m sure to confirm
Note: If you’re one of those folks who have a Business Instagram Account, you’ll have to first return to your personal account in order to disconnect Instagram and Facebook accounts. To do so, tap Options from your Business account and then tap Switch Back to Personal Account.
Once you’ve unlinked both accounts, your Facebook friends will no longer receive notifications for any of your new Instagram posts.
You may also like: How to Follow Hashtags on Instagram
Remove Instagram Posts from Facebook
Unlinking both accounts will prevent your new Instagram posts from appearing on Facebook. But what about the posts you’ve already shared? Well, Facebook lets you do that too; just open your Facebook account in a web browser and follow the steps given below:
- Open Settings and then click Apps
- Find Instagram on the list that appears. If you can’t find it, click See More
- Click Instagram icon
- Now, click Remove App at the bottom of the screen
- On the new window that appears next, tick the box at the bottom and click Remove
All your existing Instagram photos will be completely removed from your Facebook profile.
In what scenarios would you like to disconnect Instagram and Facebook accounts? Do you think you will link both the accounts back? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
More at NextGeekers: How to Use WhatsApp on iPad with Ease