Last year, WhatsApp introduced a Snapchat-story like feature called Status. You can update your status by using a collage of photos and videos. WhatsApp stories are end-to-end encrypted and disappeared automatically after 24 hours. The only downside of the feature is that it doesn’t give you the ability to download others’ status. However, there’re various workarounds that let you save WhatsApp status videos to gallery. Yes, you’ve read that absolutely right!
In this how-to article, we’ll make you aware of 3 different ways to save WhatsApp status images and videos from friends. Here we go.
Save WhatsApp Status Videos to Gallery
Using Hidden WhatsApp Status Folder
You’ll be amazed to know that once you tap on WhatsApp story on your friends, it gets downloaded in the hidden folder on your Android device. Named as .Statuses, the folder is kept hidden to prevent you from downloading status photos, videos, and other data. However, you can easily save WhatsApp status videos to gallery just by unhiding this folder. Follow the steps below to unhide the .Statuses folder:
- First of all, you need to download and install ES File Explorer on your Android device
- Once done, open the app and tap on three horizontal lines in the top-left corner
- Scroll down to the bottom and enable the Show Hidden Files option
- Next, open Internal Storage in ES File Explorer
- Tap on WhatsApp folder and then on Media Folder
- Finally, tap on the .Statuses folder
Now, you can easily see all your WhatsApp status videos, photos, and other data.
Read more at How to Use WhatsApp on iPad with Ease
Using Third-party Apps
Found the above method quite tricky? Need not to worry as we’ve another one for you. You can also use third-party apps to save WhatsApp status videos to gallery. One such app is Story Saver for WhatsApp. Here’re the instructions to use the app for getting the job done:
- Download and install Story Saver for WhatsApp on your Android device
- Now, open the app and tap on the New option in the bottom-right corner
- Select any recent story that you want to save on your phone
- Tap on Downward Arrow to save WhatsApp status videos to gallery
Using Screen Recording Apps
There’re dozens of screen recording apps for Android, letting you record what’s going on your device’s screen. Some most popular screen recording apps are DU Recorder and AZ Screen Recorder. If you’re unfamiliar with the screen recording process, make a quick ride around our tutorial on How to Record Android Screen.
You may also like: How to Play YouTube Videos in WhatsApp Without Leaving Chats