With 300 hours of video being uploaded every minute to YouTube, it’s impossible for Google to have a check on each video and its comments. That’s where you step in. You can easily report YouTube videos and even comments if you find them objectionable or against YouTube Community Guidelines. Your reported content will then be handed over to the YouTube moderators, who will review your report and take necessary action. If there are too many violations of the guidelines, the Channel itself will be removed completely. Need to know how you can do it? Walk through this how-to article to learn the step-to-step guide to report a content that’s questionable and/or against Community Guidelines.
What Goes Against YouTube Community Guidelines?
YouTube Community Guidelines are more about common sense; so, it’s obvious to realize what you should upload and what you shouldn’t. Nonetheless, YouTube puts down a list of all the conspicuous content type which is clearly prohibited to be uploaded. Check out what’s against YouTube Community Guidelines:
- Nudity or Sexual Content
- Harmful or Dangerous Content
- Hateful Content
- Violent or Graphic Content
- Harassment or Cyberbullying
- Spam, Misleading Metadata, and Scams
- Copyright Violation
- Privacy Violation
- Child Endangerment
If you found any video violating these guidelines, you can report it. It will take only a few clicks.
You may also like: 5 Best YouTube Alternatives 2018 You Must Try
How to Report YouTube Videos
It’s obvious for you to overlook the report YouTube videos option as it is slightly hidden. Let’s tell you where it is and how you can report a video. First of all, you’ll have to log in to your Google account. Then, do as follows:
- Open the video and click the three dots icon situated beneath it
- Click Report option in the popup menu that appears
- If you’re using mobile app, you can report a video on YouTube by first tapping the video > three dots icon in the top right corner > Report option
- You’ll be asked the reason why you want to report the video. Select your reason and hit Next button in the bottom right corner of the menu
- If you want to add additional information about what you think is being violated by the video, type it in the provided box and click Report
As soon as you report a video, it will go to YouTube’s moderators for review.
How to Report YouTube Comments
You can not only report YouTube videos but also those comments that you find questionable.
YouTube’s comment section is said to be worst on the internet holding various abusive, racist, and vulgar comments. Thankfully, YouTube lets you report the comments you find going against YouTube Community Guidelines or spam. Take a look at how to report such comments. Again, to report a comment, you need to log in to your Google account, open a video and scroll down to the comments section. Then, follow the steps below:
- Hover your mouse over the comment you want to report.
- When the three dots icon appear on the right side, click on it
- Click “Report Spam or Abuse” option
- Then, Select the reason why you are reporting that comment and click “Report”
- If you’re using YouTube mobile app, you will see the three dots icon more easily. It’s visible right there all the time on the right side of comments. You need to simply tap them and select “Report”
No content should harm or offend any one’s feelings. If there’s anything on YouTube, you must report it to get it under the notice of YouTube moderators for them to remove it soon. And now, as you know how you can report YouTube videos and comments, you can contribute to removing harmful and unacceptable content.
Have you ever found a YouTube content to be questionable? Would you report YouTube videos in case it is going against Community Guidelines? Do let us know via the comments section below.
More at NextGeekers: How to Download YouTube Videos for Free: The Easiest Way Yet