Since its inception, Instagram has given you only two options for your photos: either keep it public or delete it entirely. You were using these options because you didn’t have anything else in your hand to do with your Instagram photos. Not Anymore! A new Instagram app update will let you hide Instagram photos without the need of deleting them.
There are photos that you posted on Instagram once—a disheveled selfie when you were drunk or a poorly-lit group photo—but perhaps now you can’t keep them public anymore. You may want to keep these posts away from your social circle but are reluctant to remove them altogether from Instagram. Walk through this how-to article to get familiar with the ways to keep your Instagram photos hidden from others.
How to Hide Instagram Photos
Now, it’s quite easy to hide Instagram photos that you’d not like to share with others anymore (at least, for now). To do this, simply perform these actions:
- Head to Instagram app and open the photo you’d wish to make private
- Tap the three dots icon above the photo. A small popup menu will appear at the bottom of the screen
- Tap “Archive” from the menu list. Now, your photo will only be visible to you, not to anyone else
- From this very menu, you can also turn off commenting options, edit the photo, share it with others, or remove it entirely from Instagram
Obviously, you’ll want to see your achieved photos later on. You can do this anytime. To do so, tap the clock-with-an-arrow-around-it button at the top of your profile page.
All your achieved posts will show up. The likes and comments on the posts will not be removed; you’ll be able to see them. However, these won’t be visible to those who liked and commented when you posted these photos originally. You will have to make these like and comments public again to make them visible to those people again.
You may also like: Beginner’s guide to post on Instagram from PC
How to Make Your Hidden Photos Public Again
Chances are you change your mind at some point of time and want to make your archived photos public again. To make this happen, do as follows:
- Launch Instagram app and tap on the clock icon at the top of your profile page
- Head to your Archive page
- Choose your desired photo and tap the three dots icon above it
- On the popup menu that appears next, tap “Show on Profile” to make the photo public again
Instagram took one of the best decisions to add this feature to their app. Now, it is super-easy to hide Instagram Photos without getting into the inconvenience of deleting it. What makes this feature so endearing is that if you hide Instagram photos, the likes and comments on those photos will be safe saving all your memories for you.
Would you like to hide Instagram Photos too? What kind of photos would you want to archive? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
More at NextGeekers: How to Create Facebook Posts in Multiple Languages