Android mimics the Notch, introduced by Apple first, but many users are not finding it standing to reason. Hate the notch resting at the top of your Android phone? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! This post will guide on how to remove Notch from Android.
Since the launch of Notch in iPhone, many Android brands have also started adding the notch to their smartphones, but it is not working! Instead, it is making some Android users annoyed and they want to remove it from their Home and Lock screen. Up for it? Without further ado, let’s get started…
More at NextGeekers: Android Apps Won’t Download? Here’s the Fix
How to Remove Notch from Android
For the removal of Notch, there is no need to customize or root your smartphone, all you need to do is simply download an app from the Google Play Store. Walk through the steps below and make your Android free from Notch:
- Head to Google Play Store and search for the Nacho Notch App
- Once done, Download and install the app on your Android
- After launching the app, pull down the notification panel and use second swipe to expand it
- Next, tap on the Edit option and drag the Natcho app to put it into the quick settings
- From here, you can remove the notch simply by pulling down the quick settings and hitting on the Nacho Notch tile
That’s it! This will show you a black bar in a row with the notch which seems like the notch from your Android has been removed.
In case the app doesn’t work well for you, another app called Notch Remover, which too is getting a lot of press and do the same thing, is available for you on the Google Play Store, permitting you to customize the black bar height to align it with your Android’s notch perfectly.
How about you? Have you too gotten your Android with notch? Has it faded away or still bothering you? Answer your opinion in the comments section below.
You may also like 10 Best Android Apps 2018 to Make the Most of Your Smartphone