Google Chrome may be the most popular web browser; it’s not free of faults. Over the course of your using your favorite browser, you might experience a total crash of your user profile due to any reason. In that case, you will be in need of a backup of Chrome settings. Thankfully, doing this is easy in Chrome. Walk through this how-to article to learn how you can backup and restore entire Google Chrome data on your computer or mobile. Let’s get started!
Backup and Restore Entire Google Chrome Data
Back Up Chrome Data
In order to make a backup of your Google Chrome settings, you must open the browser on your computer:
- Launch Google Chrome
- Click the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner of the Chrome window
- On the appeared drop-down menu, click Settings
- If you’re not signed into your Google account, click “Sign In To Chrome” button near the top
- Once you’ve logged into your account, navigate to your account name near the top of the screen and click the “Sync” option below it
- Toggle the “Sync Everything” option to enable. Doing this will back up entire Google Chrome data to your account, viz. your bookmarks, apps, history, current settings etc.
- If the toggle switch is already enabled, your Chrome settings have already been backed up to your account
- Once done, click the back arrow in the upper-left corner of the screen
Once your data is backed up, you can freely restore your Google Chrome settings using your computer or mobile.
More at NextGeekers: 10 annoying Google Chrome problems and how to fix them
Restore Chrome Data on a Computer
To restore your Chrome settings use only that computer on which you want your Google Chrome restored:
- Open Chrome browser
- Head to the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner of the screen to bring up a drop-down menu
- Click Settings on the menu
- Click “Sign In To Chrome” if you’re not already signed in
- Once logged in, your Google Chrome settings will be restored to your computer
Restore Google Chrome on a Smartphone
Use only that mobile on which you want to back up your Chrome data:
- Launch the Google Chrome browser app
- Tap the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner of the display to invoke a drop-down menu
- Navigate towards the bottom of the menu to tap Settings
- Log in to your Google account if you’re not already connected by tapping “Sign In To Chrome”
- Once connected, your entire Chrome setting will automatically be restored on your device
That’s how you can backup and restore entire Google Chrome data to your computer and smartphone. Was this article useful? Share your views via the comments section below.
You may also like How to Remove Chrome Search Today: Virus Removal Guide