Almost every smartphone user is familiar with what purpose WhatsApp serves. Its user-friendly interface makes it easy to send messages to your WhatsApp contacts seamlessly. But what if you want to send a message to someone whose number you don’t want to save in your contact’s list? Well, there’s a workaround for that too. Scroll down the article to know how to send WhatsApp messages without saving contacts.
Send WhatsApp Messages without Saving Contacts
Method 1: Using WhatsDirect App
The WhatsDirect app allows WhatsApp users to send messages to non-contact. Here’s how you can use this app for the purpose:
- Launch WhatsDirect on your device
- Accept Terms and Conditions
- Either you can go through the tutorial next or you can skip it
- Once you’re on the main screen, enter the phone number of your contact along with their country code (Note: Don’t enter any special character like +)
- For text messages, type your complete message in the required field. Tap the “Send Next” button once you’re done
- If you want to send a media file, tap “Send Media” button and then, “Okay” on the pop-up menu
- Now you’ll be redirected to WhatsApp. If you want, you can edit your text message and add media there. When your message’s ready, tap the Send icon
Bingo! Your message to the non-WhatsApp contact has successfully been sent.
If this method doesn’t sound good to you, try the second way which uses WhatsApp’s feature Click to Chat.
You may also like WhatsApp vs Facebook Messenger: Which App should You Choose?
Method 2: Using Click to Chat
This message works only when the phone number in question has a WhatsApp account. You can use this feature on both computer and smartphone. For PC, do the following:
Step 1: Paste the following link into the URL bar of your web browser:
Step 2: Now, replace the word “number” along with your contact’s phone number along with their country code (without any special character). It will look something like this:
(Here’s 1 the country code of the USA and the remaining 10 digits signify a phone number) Now, you’ll see something like this:
Step 3: Click “Message”
Step 4: You’ll be redirected to WhatsApp Web. You’ll need to scan the QR code to proceed further. To do that, tap the three-dot icon in your WhatsApp on your mobile and select “WhatsApp Web”
Step 5: When you’ve scanned the code, a chat page will open
Step 6: Type your message in the required field (attach media if you want) and hit “Send”
That’s how you can send WhatsApp messages without saving contacts. Was the article helpful? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
More at SoftwareVilla: WhatsApp Group Audio Call Feature Made Available for iOS Users