The need to reset your Netgear WiFi Extender can occur anytime and due to any reason like you’re not satisfied with your current settings. In any way, you’d want to recall the factory settings. For this, you need the proper method so that you don’t mess up with your console and make it useless once and for all.
That’s where we can help you! Scroll down the article to learn how you can reset your Netgear EX7000 Range Extender to default settings. There are two ways to do so – by using either factory Reset button or Web GUI. Let’s get going!
- Using Factory Reset button
- You’ll need a sharp, pointed object to do it like a pen or board pin.
- Now, head to the bottom of your EX7000 to locate the Factory Reset button.
- By using the object, press and hold this button for around 5 seconds and when the Device to Extender LED blinks orange, release the button.
- Wait while your console is rebooting.
- Once done, your EX7000 will be in its factory settings.
- Using Web GUI
See if you have a computer currently connected with your Netgear range extender. To check this, look at the Device to Extender LED. If it’s solid green, you have a connected deivce. See if it is a computer. Otherwise connect your computer.
- Open your preferred web browser on your currently connected computer.
- Provide https://www.wifiextassist.com/ to the URL bar and press Enter.
- On the next page, you need to provide your login details for the connected account and click on the Log In
- On the genie page, open Settings and clink on Other Settings.
- Now click on Reset > Yes.
- Let your web user interface reset the Netgear console to its factory settings.
Feeling shy about resetting your EX7000 by yourself? Contact us to help you do it by calling Netgear tech support phone number 1-866-606-3055 – 24×7 toll-free.