Want to use Split View in Safari on iPad? If so, check out this complete guide to master this multitasking feature. Scroll down to read more.
If you’re running or later, Split View enables you to run two windows side by side. On the other hand, in , you’re able to run in two split-view windows and launch the third Slide Over window – all at once. It also helps in using Netgear extender setup services to enjoy internet on iPad.
What iPad Models Support Safari Split View?
Any iPad boasting 2GB of RAM or more provides support for Safari’s Split View. Also, all models of , iPad Air 2, the 2017 9.7-inch iPad, as well as iPad Mini 4 offer the Windows Split View integration.
Without taking your more time, let’s get to know how to use Split View in Safari on iPad using Netgear wifi extender setup. Allow us to walk you through the steps below:
Use Split View in Safari on iPad
How to Create a Safari Split View?
- Touch and hold the Tabs button in the top-right corner of the screen
- Tap on the Open Split View option
In case you’re using a keyboard with your iPad, you can opt for a keyboard shortcut. All you need to do is just press the CMD + N hotkey.
How to Open a Link in Safari Split View?
You can open any link as a Split View in Safari. To do so,
- Touch and hold the link you want to open
- A drop-down menu will appear. Simply tap on the Open in Split View option
Also check out: How to Fix iPad Stuck in Recovery Mode or at “Hello”
How to Turn a Tab into Safari Split View?
Have multiple tabs open already? Well, you can turn one of them into a Split View in Safari. All you need to do is:
- Long press on the tab you want to open in a split view
- Drag the tab all the way to the left or right until it expands into a new window
How to Switch a Tab Between Split Views in Apple Safari?
You’ll be glad to know that each Split View can include multiple tabs, letting you switch between split views anytime.
- Long press on the tab
- Drag the tab to the opposite split view
How to Open Links in the Opposite Split View?
You can even open links on the opposite side of Split View on iPad.
- Touch and hold the link you wish to open
- A pop-up menu will appear. Merely tap on the Open on Other Side option
How to Add a Slide Over Window to the Dual Safari Split View Window?
- Open the Dock by swiping up from the bottom of the screen
- Touch and drag the third app to the center of the screen
- Next, drag the Slide Over window to the left or right side as per your choice
How to Merge Split View in Safari Back Down to Tabs?
In case you want to close Safari Split View but want to keep all your tabs, merge everything back down by following the steps below:
- Long press the Tab button in the bottom-right corner of the screen
- Tap on the Merge All Tabs option
Alternatively, if you don’t wish to keep all your tabs, merely tap on the Close icon looking like an X to close them.
You may also like: Best ways to watch movies with free movie apps for iPhone and iPad